Sunday, June 26, 2005

There is good and bad in everything


Bit of a mixed weekend really. First, I went to see New Order in Hyde Park and bugger me if they didn't take my advice and go and play four Joy Division songs (including Atmosphere), not to mention Love Vigilantes, Temptation and 'bloody Blue Monday again'.

Add some very bad jokes about hay fever, Bernard's gay-uncle-at-a-wedding dancing Hooky making Bass God Batman shapes with the spotlight and berating the 'moshpit dads' and it added up to one of the top five gigs I've ever seen*

Now the bad bit: I sprained my wrist playing football and I'm in agony.
Even worse, the save I made to sparin my wrist was the only good thing I did all match. I only went in goal because I was playing so shit.

*The other four, Nick Hornby style:

1. Brian Wilson's SMiLE at the RFH
2. Prince showcase, 2000
3. Beck, Nottingham Rock City
4. Prince, Lovesexy. Wembley Arena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home